Infolinks In Text Ads

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Republic Day: A Lowdown

(Written on 26th January 2011.)

I purposely sit to write this insignificant note an hour before the end of another insignificant day. My eligibility to call this day (26 January 2011) insignificant comes from the virtue that I am not drenched in any false and hypocritical sense of patriotism , unlike 99% of Indians (more aptly, the people residing in India, a country in South Asia, which is also the seventh-largest country by geographical area, the second-most populous country with over 1.2 billion people, and the most populous 'democracy' in the world.).



So what's so special about this day 26th January?

As far as I know, this was the day in 1950 when the Constitution of India came into force. So what's special about that? Most of the features of the constitution were mere copied from the constitution of other countries. Indian Constitution was largely a copy of British constitution with minor changes. The European educated congress leadership could never study the country in its depth to craft an appropriate constitution. Even after copying they could only draft such a poor constitution which has had around 100 amendments till date.



So what's there to be proud of as far as this day is concerned?



Okay 26th January kept aside, let's switch over to 15th August.



Well, as far as my intellectual senses are concerned I would not hesitate terming this as another insignificant day.

As far as I have read, Indian Independence was primarily the result of the 1945 general elections in England in which the Britishers who had long suffered during the World War 2 ousted Winston Churchill and elected Clement Attlee on the condition that Britain would stop imperialism and free all its colonies. And thus all African and Asian colonies of Britain were made independent. Though I will not undermine the efforts of Indian revolutionaries, but their efforts were not unidirectional and were diluted because they never had much public support because of the 'non-violence' wave that had hit India at that time. Now this leads to a question, which world revolution ever succeeded without resorting to violence? Common Sense, India was being non-violent, India was at peace, this would have been the ideal conditions for the Britishers to continue ruling the country for another 150 years at least hadn't there been any world war.In fact, Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose was an intelligent planner, and he was the biggest threat ever to the Britishers in any of their colonies. He had assimilated support from Japs and Germans and had built a powerful army to resist the Britishers.



Coming now to the British rule, well it wasn't really as horrific as it is projected. In fact the ordinary Indian citizen was much more happy and satisfied in those day than he is now. Don't believe me? Go ask your grandparents. Secondly, Before the British set foot on India, this place was a cluster of kingdoms with small princes, who were too weak. It were the Britishers in fact who united the Indian subcontinent. If there was no British invasion, the current subcontinent would have been a bunch of small nations. These states, which we presently have would have been independent small countries(or maybe kingdoms), frequently quarreling among themselves for resources.



I know I am right on all of the above data, because I am damn sure that I was a much better student of history than any of you(if any) reading this stuff.



I won't talk about the third National holiday. I might already have raised a few eyebrows.



As to why have I written all this crap,

1. I had nothing better to do, I have files to be downloaded through torrents, so the Internet is slow( I know MTNL sucks too, but don't expect a note from me on MTNL). I recently had my computer formatted, so no games too.

2. I was irritated by all the 'patriotic' status updates and smses.

3. I wanted to feel drowsy after typing such a long note.

4.I HATE HYPOCRISY.
















Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs

4 comments:

  1. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t skills ought to I provide you with thanks! i'm altogether shocked by your article. You saved my time. Thanks 1,000,000 for sharing this text.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the precise weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You notice so much its almost arduous to argue with you. You positively put a brand new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!

    ReplyDelete

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs